Things to Know Before You Begin
- You will need your University of Minnesota Internet ID (x500) and password. If you have not already, visitwww.umn.edu/initiate to initiate your x500 account.
- Although other browsers can be used, the Online Orientation is best viewed by using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. If you use Firefox, you may be shown an error warning when you first open some of the videos. The videos should function properly, however.
- We recommend using broadband, high-speed Internet access, although it is not required.
- Some of the portions of this orientation will not work properly on mobile devices, so we recommend you use a laptop or desktop computer. If you are using an iPad or iPhone, you will be prompted to download a free VoiceThread app to watch some of the videos.
How to Access the International Student Preparation Course
You will need to enroll yourself in the International Student Preparation Course. This can be done by doing the following:
- Open the Orientation website by clicking "Begin the International Student Preparation Course" below.
- Type "globalgopher" (without quotation marks) in the Self Enrollment box.
- Click "Enroll Me."
- Your progress will be saved, so you do not need to complete the course at one time. Reenter the site by clicking the link below.
If you have any issues while attempting to access or use the International Student Preparation Course, please email@example.com or call 612-626-7100.
Rreturn to the "Front Page" to view more content.